There’s no doubt that laser hair removal, or LHR, is an investment in yourself. While the upfront costs seem high, it’s actually more affordable in the long run than short-term hair removal methods over your lifetime!
But, that’s only if you have great results from it. So, how do you get the best laser hair removal in Greencastle, Pennsylvania to ensure your investment is worth it?
Follow These Do’s and Don’ts to Get the Best Laser Hair Removal in Greencastle, Pennsylvania
These tips help you be sure to have a good experience and that the effects of your treatments are long lasting.
Before Laser Hair Removal Do’s:
- Book a consultation to make sure you’re a good candidate for the procedure and determine whether any medications or health conditions interfere with your eligibility.
- Follow all instructions given to you by your provider before laser hair removal exactly as they’re given.
- Commit to completing the customized treatment plan your provider made for you. It can take up to 12 sessions to achieve the results you want, though it typically takes two to six. If your provider recommends 10 sessions, be dedicated to completing all 10.
- Shave within 24 hours of each session, but make sure to do so at least several hours before your appointment to reduce skin sensitivity.
- Let your provider know about your pain tolerance. They can make recommendations on how to ensure a more comfortable experience, such as taking over-the-counter (OTC) pain relievers about an hour before your visit.
Before Laser Hair Removal Don’ts:
- Don’t wax, pluck, or use any other hair reduction method that removes the hair root up to six weeks before LHR. You should also skip bleaching hair in the targeted area as well.
- Don’t spend time in the sun without wearing protective clothing over the area that will be treated or applying a high-quality sunscreen to the area for about two weeks before each session.
- Don’t apply any creams, makeup, or other products to the area where LHR will be performed. Arrive at your appointment with clean skin. If the area that will be treated is covered by clothes, wear loose clothing to help avoid skin irritation afterward.
During LHR Do’s:
- Relax! It’s a pretty simple and fast process, and the less tense your body is, the more pleasant your experience will be.
During LHR Don’ts:
- Don’t avoid telling your LHR provider if you’re uncomfortable. They may be able to adjust the laser settings, apply a topical numbing cream, or take other steps to improve your comfort.
After Laser Hair Removal Do’s:
- Follow all post-laser instructions exactly as your provider recommends.
- Be sure to wear protective clothing and / or apply sunscreen if you will be outdoors, even on cloudy days.
After Laser Hair Removal Don’ts:
- Don’t expect to see results right away. It can take up to three weeks before you see shedding. Avoid shaving during this time while the skin is sensitive.
- Don’t use any other methods of hair reduction.
- Skip workouts, going to a sauna, or other activities that make you sweat for 24 hours or more to help reduce your risk of discomfort and infection.
The Best LHR Results in Pennsylvania Are Achieved by Choosing Hagerstown Dermatology & Skincare
To get the best laser hair removal in Greencastle, Pennsylvania, you need the area’s top LHR specialists. They can only be found at Hagerstown Dermatology & Skincare!
Here, our laser experts are dedicated to personalized treatment, affordable pricing, and making sure you are thrilled with your outcome. Call us today at 240-469-4835 to book your consultation, and ask us about events and specials to help you save on aesthetic services!